Saturday 7 January 2017

Am I there for myself?

Almost 3 decades of life, high paced rat race, assumed competition from the peers, all the new phases, bigger adjustments than before, forgotten friends, unforgiving workplace and a thousand thoughts in silence....all of it and still nothing in life. Gone are the days of a sound sleep. Today, there are a million sounds in sleep. Maybe the soul is appealing for freedom for I abducted my own self within me.

Often advised to stay calm and not get bothered by the things and buggers around me I don't follow what is being said to me. Knowing that my impulse reactions affect me the most I can't help it because in my heart even I know that I am not doing good to me.

A bad routine, a bad diet, a bad life plan, worse decisions and worst outcomes. Where there should be gratitude in the attitude, I am consistently blaming myself for everything that's not on track and for the things that could have been better. Impulsive decisions and nasty thoughts. I need to be a calm soul and at peace in my mind but I behave no less than an infuriated monkey.

Two degrees and two bank accounts but in the balance sheet of life, happiness is not equal to the sorrows. I try inhaling some peace of mind while exhaling a lot of frustration. Clearly, I am failing at the most important role in life - being my own guardian.

2 comments:

  1. Ruchie, Anything that is talking this much effort to do is worthless!! Things that we are made for doing take literally no effort. Yes, we do them effortlessly. They empower us, mentally, physically inspite of breaking us down. But believe me, the day you will find that effortless work, you will gain "Mahaparinirvaan".And Please, you are a budding genius, take good care of your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Preetika. lessor learnt ! :)

    ReplyDelete